Re: Sig 229

Post by Devereaux on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Can't wait for the Jap tomorrow!

Otis2
    .32 S&W
    .32 S&W

Post by Otis2 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:26 pm

The sight numbers are not set in stone, these are just typical numbers that SIG starts with for each caliber. Prior to sending a new handgun out to a customer/distributor, each gun is test fired (at least, they have been, may have changed in the past year or so) and checked for accuracy at 15 m. If the gun falls outside a predetermined accuracy tolerance, the sights are adjusted as necessary. The older SIG's made in W. Germany, vs Germany, always included the test target, an item that greatly increases the resale value of the handgun.

I recently purchased a P224 DAK in 40 S&W. The sights on it are a #10 and a #8 and the gun still shoots a bit low. Other than that slight issue, it has been a surprisingly comfortable gun to shoot and I have since purchased a SIG OEM 9mm and 357 SIG barrel for it. Quite a fine sidearm.

The P23X line, specifically the 380 ACP P230 and P232, are, in my opinion, large, heavy and clunky handguns for a 380 ACP, many much finer handguns available on the market today. For pure visual appeal, they are hard to beat, but they are a bear to take down for cleaning and maintenance. The P239, on the other hand, I consider to be part of the classic P-series of SIG handguns and is one of my favorites.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Just won a 228 kit as you noted on GunBroker. I bid $150, which was $0.01 more than minimum. Have to call the guy tomorrow and give him a credit card. I guess I'll have it by the end of the week then.

?What exactly is the point of that little 1911-type Sig (P238). I have never quite understood what the draw is for 1911 appearance in a small gun. Certainly in a pocket it will have issues with a smooth draw, what with all the stuff hanging on it. ?Why not a smooth outline. Pocket guns are suppose to be easy to conceal and draw. I would think something like a 1903 Colt would be much more appropriate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:36 pm