Accurate No. 7 at Cabelas

Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Accurate No. 7 at Cabelas

Post by Tennessee Jed on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:04 am

Just cause I like you guys so much, thought you might want to know that Cabela's website has AA No. 7 available in 1 pound canisters this morning.

I've been looking for this powder for a long time and just ordered 5 pounds for myself.
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Re: Accurate No. 7 at Cabelas

Post by Cornmastah on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:03 pm

What do you use this powder to load?
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Due to lack of availability of my favorite powders, I've had to start looking into available alternatives. In particular, I'm having a heck of a time finding slower burning powders like 2400 or AA9. I got the AA7 primarily for 357 mag 158 grain jhp's, and maybe 10mm 165 jhp's (depending on the success or failure of my pending experiments with 800x in 10mm, which are currently not going well). I'd much prefer AA9, but in these dark days of the Obama induced powder drought, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Depending on how long it takes my other powders to run out, I might also use the AA7 for 357 mag 125 jhp's.

I've noticed in Accurate's info that AA7 isn't giving up TOO much to AA9 for high velocity in more powerful calibers. It's not exactly the same for the heaviest loads, but it's close enough for me to hopefully ride out the drought until AA9 and 2400 are available again.

I'm having a heck of a good time shooting my Henry Big Boy in 357 mag. That rifle REALLY likes 158 grain jhp's. At the rate my son and I are churning ammo through it, I really needed a powder easy to load up a lot of bullets, that meters easy, and gets somewhere around 1600 - 1700 fps out of the rifle. I have high hopes for the AA7 to fill that bill.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm