Forgotten guns...

Cornmastah
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Forgotten guns...

Post by Cornmastah on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Recently I took my friend from California shooting and let him pick out the guns he wanted me to bring.  One of them was my Marlin 1895 SBL lever-action .45-70.  I hadn't shot that rifle in a very long time due to the amount of powder it uses per shot and the difficulty finding rifle powders in the last year or two.  I had forgotten how fun that rifle is to shoot--especially with the full power loads.  I was glad we took it out and I was able to shoot it a bit.  I love shooting water-filled milk jugs with that rifle!  You guys have any firearms that you have recently used--and remembered how fun they are to shoot?
    Doc Wesson
    .500 Magnum

Re: Forgotten guns...

Post by Doc Wesson on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 am

I love this cartridge!! I think it may be the next in the "Great Cartridges Series" on the show.
    There is so much you can do with the venerable .45-70. So fun to shoot!

Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:59 pm

.45 By God 70.  

I've got the long barreled Marlin 1895 Cowboy; bought it for long range SASS competitions.  With a 305gn bullet, it's a pussycat. With a full house 550gn load, it's the Hand of God. Ouch.  

Springfields, Sharps, Winchesters, Marlins, Purdy doubles, Bubbaed Mausers... is there nothing that cartridge can't do?

Looking forward to that 'cast, Doc!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 am