Doing anything fun during the holidays?

Cornmastah
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Doing anything fun during the holidays?

Post by Cornmastah on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Day after Christmas we went out and did a little sledding, shooting, somewhat unintentional off-roading, and cooked some hot dogs on a little portable grill. Good family time.

Shooting the suppressed CVA 300 blk single shot

Wife with the steel targets

Daughter shooting the suppressed CVA 300 blk single shot, also was able to hit the 200 yard steel target on the hill in the snow with my wife's .223 Howa bolt gun.

Twins with a little mustard on the face, they shot their Savage Rascals

Only bad part was that the snow was falling down; wet guns = lots of work when you get home.

What about you guys? Done anything fun for the holidays?

Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Re: Doing anything fun during the holidays?

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:51 pm

A couple of days after Christmas, the neighbors journeyed 2 1/4 hours to the boot heel of Missouri to see to shoot in a private chunk of forest. Even though it rained, drizzled, sleeted, and hailed, it was a great day shooting. Lots of neat, old stuff. Lots of new stuff.
    Cornmastah
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Casting is fun for me still. So I guess I can say I had SEVERAL hours of fun this last week. I ended up casting lots of bullets--like about 65-70 lbs of bullets, maybe a little more counting the ones I did last night. This will provide me with lots of projectiles to load up and shoot. Some of these bullets are from new bullet molds I bought from NOE. I foresee lots of load development this winter/spring.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:41 pm

Love your pics, Corn.

I almost went shooting. My son gave me a gift card to a nice range not too far from home. I spent an hour gathering guns, ammo, ear muffs, etc and we all went out there. But then the wait was an hour and my wife didn't want to wait that long, so we turned around and came home. Only good thing was that I learned a new way to the range that was a LOT quicker.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:04 am