NooB CCW Holder

    Share
    avatar
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

    Posts : 674
    Join date : 2014-03-05

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:05 am

    The LC9S Pro is the striker fired version of the LC9 - with a much better trigger and no thumb nor magazine disconnect safeties. They're also about as available as 22LR.

    I've got a note to look hard at the Shield - even in 40. A guy I trust says the 40 kicks just a bit more than +P 9. Then again, the bastard works in a gun store.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:22 am

    I believe my daughter has a striker fired LC380 - but I could be wrong. Still, what I have read is that the LC9 is a toughy on the hand to shoot for any time. Not so the 380. And the Shield is likewise easy to shoot - at least in the 9 version. I have a friend (actually 2) who have them in .40. I have not shot them. My 9 OTOH is really easy to shoot.

    In its box-stock version it is decent to shoot. I have 10-8 rear sight and the Apex carry kit, which makes the trigger really nice. But it adds about $225 to the cost of the gun. My retired cop friend, though, dumped his Glock 19 and got the Shield, then added the Apex kit (but he kept the sights he had, which were fiberoptic). But he swears by the trigger.

    Take it for what it's worth. Come to my house and shoot my Shield.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:29 am

    BTW, Bob & I shot on the same bullseye team in the Marines. He was a warrant, and I was a captain at the time. He is about 74 now, with a lot of years on the CPD. He has carried all manner of stuff. He has shot all manner of stuff. He tends to be practical about guns, unlike me, who has an emotional attachment to them. He loved the Shield right from the start. When I got the Apex kit, he was totally taken by it. I have to say, it is a rather amazing transformation of the gun. I have another friend who put an Apex kit onto a .45 M&P. The result is not as dramatic; the Shield is a better trigger. But then you start with a rather lousy trigger in the .45.
    avatar
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

    Posts : 128
    Join date : 2015-02-19
    Location : Pennsylvania

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by MrJim on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:42 pm

    Devereaux wrote:BTW, Bob & I shot on the same bullseye team in the Marines. He was a warrant, and I was a captain at the time.
    <snip>

    Captain? At the time? This old LCpl will be more respectful sir! Shocked Shocked While I hear army guys badmouthing their officers I never served under a bad Marine officer..maybe a few squirrely ones but never a bad one.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:07 pm

    MrJim wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:BTW, Bob & I shot on the same bullseye team in the Marines. He was a warrant, and I was a captain at the time.
    <snip>

    Captain?  At the time?   This old LCpl will be more respectful sir! Shocked Shocked  While I hear army guys badmouthing their officers I never served under a bad Marine officer..maybe a few squirrely ones but never a bad one.

    Well, if you want to feel badly, I retired as a bird. But I DID transfer to the Air Guard and was a Flight Surgeon. Clinic Commander for the last 8 years.
    avatar
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

    Posts : 128
    Join date : 2015-02-19
    Location : Pennsylvania

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by MrJim on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:39 am

    Devereaux wrote:
    MrJim wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:BTW, Bob & I shot on the same bullseye team in the Marines. He was a warrant, and I was a captain at the time.
    <snip>

    Captain?  At the time?   This old LCpl will be more respectful sir! Shocked Shocked  While I hear army guys badmouthing their officers I never served under a bad Marine officer..maybe a few squirrely ones but never a bad one.

    Well, if  you want to feel badly, I retired as a bird. But I DID transfer to the Air Guard and was a Flight Surgeon. Clinic Commander for the last 8 years.

    Cool Happy to know you sir!
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:45 am

    OK. I am trying to upload pics from my iPad. They are of my slide for the Shield. Let's hope this works.

    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:49 am

    The original pics take in the full Yaqui, while these cut off the front end. But it looks much like the back end.

    The snaps are directional. You can only snap them on from the bottom and off from the top; they have a little tab which is located on the bottom. What this snap does is make it highly unlikely that the snap will come undone.

    I really like this. I had Morrie (my friend) make me another for my 227 (which happens to also fit the 226 as those two have the same slide size apparently. Only the grip is bigger on the 227).
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:43 am

    Devereaux wrote:OK. I am trying to upload pics from my iPad. They are of my slide for the Shield. Let's hope this works.


    Apparently I have not mastered the method of downloading pics. ?Anyone can help.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:48 am

    Devereaux wrote:The original pics take in the full Yaqui, while these cut off the front end. But it looks much like the back end.

    The snaps are directional. You can only snap them on from the bottom and off from the top; they have a little tab which is located on the bottom. What this snap does is make it highly unlikely that the snap will come undone.

    I really like this. I had Morrie (my friend) make me another for my 227 (which happens to also fit the 226 as those two have the same slide size apparently. Only the grip is bigger on the 227).

    Talked to Morrie today. He doesn't have a website, but if you send him a note he can e-mail you some pics of what you might be interested in. I have added him in our holster listing under Hook 'Em Leather.
    avatar
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

    Posts : 745
    Join date : 2014-02-27
    Location : Music City USA

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Tennessee Jed on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:51 am

    Devereaux wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:OK. I am trying to upload pics from my iPad. They are of my slide for the Shield. Let's hope this works.


    Apparently I have not mastered the method of downloading pics. ?Anyone can help.

    You have to first upload the pictures to a hosting service. I use servimg.com (it's free, and like CF, I am also cheap).

    Once you upload the pictures to the service, then you hit the "Insert Image" button above (2 spots to the left of the YouTube button). It asks for a link and you insert the link you receive from the hosting service.

    It's a bit of a hassle, but it's free. And free is important.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:02 pm

    Tennessee Jed wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:OK. I am trying to upload pics from my iPad. They are of my slide for the Shield. Let's hope this works.


    Apparently I have not mastered the method of downloading pics. ?Anyone can help.

    You have to first upload the pictures to a hosting service.  I use servimg.com (it's free, and like CF, I am also cheap).

    Once you upload the pictures to the service, then you hit the "Insert Image" button above (2 spots to the left of the YouTube button).  It asks for a link and you insert the link you receive from the hosting service.

    It's a bit of a hassle, but it's free.  And free is important.

    Thanks, TJ. I will have to give this a try tonight off my iPad.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:01 pm

    Ha! So what at first glance looks like a misspelling turns out to be correct!

    I first tried serviNg, but got a bogus site. When I googled it, I found serviMg. That's the site you mentioned. I will have to go there this evening to load the pics I have.
    avatar
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

    Posts : 745
    Join date : 2014-02-27
    Location : Music City USA

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Tennessee Jed on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:05 pm

    Ha ha ha, trust Tennessee Jed. He is good. He is wise.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:50 pm




    Well, these are the pics, but it seems I didn't leave myself any room to make any comments. This is all I can manage. So you see the empty holster and with the Shield in it.



    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:51 pm

    Well, OK! That turned out better than I thought.
    avatar
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

    Posts : 674
    Join date : 2014-03-05

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:45 am

    Sweet, Dev!

    Got the new 3.0 backs from Alien Gear (quick turnaround) and installed them. Initially, I'm not all that impressed.

    Their hybrid is now a neoprene/ spring steel/ heavy rubbery plastic. The spring steel is only behind the kydex pistol shell. I've got some questions on support and longevity. I'll start wearing it immediately - we shall find out.

    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:48 am

    Tennessee Jed wrote:Ha ha ha, trust Tennessee Jed.  He is good.  He is wise.

    You forgot "humble". Laughing
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1258
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Devereaux on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:49 am

    Charlie Foxtrot wrote:Sweet, Dev!

    Got the new 3.0 backs from Alien Gear (quick turnaround) and installed them. Initially, I'm not all that impressed.

    Their hybrid is now a neoprene/ spring steel/ heavy rubbery plastic. The spring steel is only behind the kydex pistol shell. I've got some questions on support and longevity. I'll start wearing it immediately - we shall find out.  


    OK. I got you and TJ are cheap. But when you're ready to try a slide, let me know.

    Sponsored content

    Re: NooB CCW Holder

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 pm