Hillary

Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Hillary

Post by Devereaux on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:48 am

I am rather fascinated by the progression of events surrounding Hillary's campaign for the democratic nomination.

Initially there was "inevitable". Everyone agreed that she would be the dem nominee. I mean, it just was going to happen. And what better candidate. She is "seasoned, experienced, capable, and has demonstrated all these traits"

Then there were the whispers. She might not be such a great candidate. Her campaign runs were really, really ridiculous. She was clearly and unmistakably avoiding the media, lefties included. She was going places no one knew, where no one saw her. She was doing really stupid things, like her act in the Chipolte.

Then there is the server. Her initial stand was classic Clinton. "I don't really care what you say, those e-mails were private. I did nothing wrong (?shades of Nixon, who was probably a better man than she). I have turned over everything in an act of transparency."

So the bureaucracy closes ranks behind her. But apparently not ALL the bureaucracy. There are still the IG's and those pesky intelligence types. There are stories about how her server was most definitely compromised - early, and by many, friend and foe alike.

THEN there's talk of Joe entering the race. Apparently egged on some by no less than BO.

And NOW - the FBI. She, of course, stated that she turned over all her stuff to them. No mention of any warrant, but I would guess there most definitely was one. She didn't do this "voluntarily".

?So what do you guys think. ?Will she survive all this. She IS a Clinton, but not THE Clinton, who is a thief of prodigious proportions. She is mosly the mythological equivalent of Doom.
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Re: Hillary

Post by Cornmastah on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Obama DID get elected though, right...? I'm thinking, if the country can elect someone like Obama, Hillary has a good enough chance also.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Well, you have a point. But Obama is great at manipulating image. His substance is pretty thin. Hillary has image problems, I think. None of what is going on is helping her image.

Obama managed to keep much secret. ?Do you know who his college or law school room mates are. Amazingly, neither does anyone else. Obama is mostly a mystery. Hillary, OTOH, is coming out in the spotlight. This whole server thing is looking more and more like potentially serious legal issues. Indeed, Judge Napoliteano made the observation that everyone potentially involved has lawyered up with very expensive and big-time lawyers from DC.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Here's an interesting comment.

"Hillary Clinton is in such deep legal trouble over her emails that she needs the backing of Obama to survive. ... He controls the attorney general’s office and therefore he controls Hillary (and her freedom) as long as he is president. Everything she says and does in the presidential campaign must be viewed against this reality.” —PJMedia’s Roger Simon
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:15 pm

That is quite interesting... What do you think Obama will end up doing once he is done as president?
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Do a Clinton and make huge money "talking".

Problem is, he ain't so good at talking without a teleprompter. Not what crowds expect.

But old presidents typically don't have a lot of real influence after finishing their time.
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Living just across the border from Maryland I would expect O'Malley to push forward...he's a quintessential democrat liberal..more "likable" than that Bernie guy... Rolling Eyes

I think she's toast...
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:13 pm

She may be. The issues surrounding the server sound seriously criminal. Only Obama could keep her out of jail, but it probably will make her kryptonite in the voting booth.

Or at least so I think.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:19 pm

There's no love lost between the Clintons and the 'Bomas. They're openly fighting for the very lucrative Progressive Kingmaker spot and 'Boma is going for the kill. After years of inaction, Justice is finally moving on Servergate - fueled by very real anger in the Intelligence communities.  Hilly's unsecured server may be the biggest intelligence coup ever.  

If there is a shred of Justice left in the world, Hill would spend the rest of her life in striped pantsuits.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:28 pm

I kind of think she will do no jail time, though I could be wrong. But Clintons are above the law. However, I suspect this may put paid to her run for president. She was dumped in 08, and if she's dumped this time, it's over for her me thinks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:27 am