Hi-Point Carbine Makes the NRA Gun of the Week

Cornmastah
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Hi-Point Carbine Makes the NRA Gun of the Week

Post by Cornmastah on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Here is the link http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/9/5/nra-gun-of-the-week-hi-point-4595ts-carbine/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0915

Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Re: Hi-Point Carbine Makes the NRA Gun of the Week

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:13 pm

I've been talking to some gunnies I trust, and they almost universally like the Hi-Point carbines. Just as almost no one will be caught dead with a HI-Point pistol. Go figure.

Main drawback is the magazines: they're Hi-Point specific of limited capacity. I think they're working on 15 rounders. I really want to use my Glock happy sticks: 33 rounds of 9, 22 of fotay. So the Sub2000 GII is on my list, but the flinkies at KelTec are not currently producing them. When KelTec frees up some injection machines, they'll come back. But until then, the used prices are approaching nuts.

Cornmastah
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:16 am

Keltec is funny that way--they come up with really cool and interesting designs, but can't seem to produce much of what is demanded.

MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:I've been talking to some gunnies I trust, and they almost universally like the Hi-Point carbines. Just as almost no one will be caught dead with a HI-Point pistol. Go figure.

Main drawback is the magazines: they're Hi-Point specific of limited capacity. I think they're working on 15 rounders. I really want to use my Glock happy sticks: 33 rounds of 9, 22 of fotay.  So the Sub2000 GII is on my list, but the flinkies at KelTec are not currently producing them. When KelTec frees up some injection machines, they'll come back. But until then, the used prices are approaching nuts.    

I've heard the same about the HiPoint carbines....be fun to have a 9mm carbine..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:47 am