Ugly Guns!

Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Ugly Guns!

Post by Cornmastah on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:35 pm

Was wondering what the ugliest gun in your safe looks like. I will post a picture of mine later.
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Re: Ugly Guns!

Post by Cornmastah on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:42 am

Here it is:  Masterpiece Arms 45ACP carbine.

Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Definitely a very old Arminus 22 lr revolver my dad bought at a Western Auto Hardware store in the 1960's for something like $50.

This isn't my exact revolver, but a picture of the same model.

It's a piece of crap. Long gritty pull, no transfer bar so you have to set the hammer on an empty chamber, inaccurate, the front sight is held in by a wood screw, and for some reason Dad thought it would be a good idea to engrave his social security number on the frame with a wobbly Dremel-type thing.

However, it was the first handgun I ever shot, and in my young hand it killed MANY cans, rabbits and pigeons (using 22 lr birdshot). I don't like the fact that my initial handgun experience was with such a crappy handgun, but I will never part with it due to the enormous sentimental value it has for me.

Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:20 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:
    It's a piece of crap.... However, it was the first handgun I ever shot, and in my young hand it killed MANY cans, rabbits and pigeons (using 22 lr birdshot).  I don't like the fact that my initial handgun experience was with such a crappy handgun, but I will never part with it due to the enormous sentimental value it has for me.

I have a similar experience with my first handgun. My first handgun was a hipoint 9mm that my father in law bought for all of his son-in-laws. It is a very unergonomic, heavy, clunky, "special" gun that I would probably never buy for myself, but it introduced me into the world of handguns. It went bang everytime, so I can't complain about the reliability, but needless to say, I haven't shot that gun in a very long time. I still have it and will probably never end up selling it due to the fact that it was a gift, and it was my first handgun.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:54 pm

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/british-bulldog-1.jpg

Hope this comes through. I have no idea how or even when I got this. It's almost like it appeared in my safe. Certainly I cannot recollect every actually paying anything close to legal tender for it. It is possible it's one of the guns a friend of mine who died bequethed to me.
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah on Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Devereaux wrote:http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/british-bulldog-1.jpg

Hope this comes through. I have no idea how or even when I got this. It's almost like it appeared in my safe. Certainly I cannot recollect every actually paying anything close to legal tender for it. It is possible it's one of the guns a friend of mine who died bequethed to me.

Ha ha ha... dev, that IS an ugly gun. Do you know if it is even in functioning (safe) condition?
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:52 pm

BOY, I wouldn't want to discover. It is a BIG calibre, and it looks old, so the steel is probably not up to current standards. All of which means - don't shoot that puppy!

To be perfectlyh honest, I am not even sure why I have it. Perhaps my neighborhood will have some misguided gun buy-back and I can get cash for it. 'Bout the only way that thing would be "profitable".
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Dang, that one got hit with the ugly stick a few times.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:04 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:Dang, that one got hit with the ugly stick a few times.

More like beaten soundly about the head and shoulders.
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:40 pm

While I own a junky Charco .44 revolver it's not a bad looking gun...and when I look over them all even that sporterized Enfield doesn't look bad...my guns all range from cute (Beretta Tomcat) to gorgeous (Beretta 92) to handsome (S&W 60) to awesome (T/C Contender)...but...butt ugly??  Nope! tongue
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:51 pm

MrJim wrote:While I own a junky Charco .44 revolver it's not a bad looking gun...and when I look over them all even that sporterized Enfield doesn't look bad...my guns all range from cute (Beretta Tomcat) to gorgeous (Beretta 92) to handsome (S&W 60) to awesome (T/C Contender)...but...butt ugly??  Nope! tongue

That would mean you don't have enough guns.
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:15 pm

Devereaux wrote:
    MrJim wrote:While I own a junky Charco .44 revolver it's not a bad looking gun...and when I look over them all even that sporterized Enfield doesn't look bad...my guns all range from cute (Beretta Tomcat) to gorgeous (Beretta 92) to handsome (S&W 60) to awesome (T/C Contender)...but...butt ugly??  Nope! tongue

lol!
    No sir~it just means I have good taste!
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Lol, good one.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:37 pm

MrJim wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:

lol!
    No sir~it just means I have good taste!

Or not enough friends. Else one is bound to give you some dog, which you must accept because it's a firearm. Doesn't matter how good or bad a condition or how it looks. Rolling Eyes
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Pondered this for a while....

I used to think there was no thing as an ugly gun... some were just more beautiful than others. But, I reconsidered.

Any gun that does not work is ugly: Automags are ugly. Poorly designed, cheap guns are ugly: Hi-Points are very ugly. Clunky guns are ugly: S&W's new Victory is ugly. And some are just born ugly: Nambus are freakin' ugly. And some are just fugly: the Nagant revolver is just rabid, barking, Rosie O'Donnell ugly-to-the-bone butt-tugly.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:...the Nagant revolver is just rabid, barking, Rosie O'Donnell butt-tugly.

Ha ha, well what about a Nagant revolver with a suppressor on the end?
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Cornmastah wrote:
    Charlie Foxtrot wrote:...the Nagant revolver is just rabid, barking, Rosie O'Donnell butt-tugly.

Ha ha, well what about a Nagant revolver with a suppressor on the end?

Got me. The uber-ugliness of the Nagant design becomes functional and really all sorts of steampunky cool when mated to a suppressor. A functional, suppressed revolver is so anachronistic that it becomes - well, not beautiful, but interesting. Kinda like Rosie with a muffler screwed to her maw. Wink
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:Pondered this for a while....

I used to think there was no thing as an ugly gun... some were just more beautiful than others. But, I reconsidered.

Any gun that does not work is ugly: Automags are ugly. Poorly designed, cheap guns are ugly: Hi-Points are very ugly. Clunky guns are ugly: S&W's new Victory is ugly. And some are just born ugly: Nambus are freakin' ugly. And some are just fugly: the Nagant revolver is just rabid, barking, Rosie O'Donnell ugly-to-the-bone butt-tugly.

Laughing
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:35 pm

Actually, when you think of it, there is ugly everywhere. Nothing is simply "beautiful" in every instance. Since guns are manufactured, someone somewhere had a stupid idea for a gun. Usually it's the British, but the Japs aren't far behind; perhaps they were influenced by British "designers" (I use that word cautiously - it's a bit like speaking of "English cuisine", an oxymoron if there ever was one)..
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:14 am

Now come on, Dev. Who can deny the classic beauty of the Webley-Fosbery revolver?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 am