Book to Read

Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Book to Read

Post by Devereaux on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:57 pm

I would like to suggest a book for you guys to consider reading. It's called Terror at Beslan by John Giduck. It is a pretty thorough evaluation of the events that happened in School #1 in Beslan, Russia. There is an initial part that gives a little history of SpetzNez, a detailed description of the actual events, a break-down of terrorist plans and methodology, some subsequent results. But if you don't want to go through all that, the end is worth the time and money. It goes into a lot of detail about the kinds of things people ought to be considering doing for the schools, etc. His premise is that the odds are good something like what happened in Beslan will happen here.
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Re: Book to Read

Post by Tennessee Jed on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks Dev. I will check that out.

I was just reading about the Beslan attacks not long ago. Wow, it was unbelievably tragic. Those photos of the kids sitting in the gym with the bomb strung over head really burned into my brain.

Just goes to show, that if things like that could happen in Russia, then they can happen anywhere. I know that Lt. Col. Dave Grossman has been saying for years that something similar is destined to happen here. It's actually a bit surprising it hasn't yet.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm

It's like carrying. You sincerely hope you never have to use it, but just in case the odds don't follow...

Grossman does an introduction to the book. I have chatted about the book with a couple HSLD types and they all highly recommend it. They say they tell all who take their anti-terror classes to get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 pm