Sig 320's

Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Sig 320's

Post by Devereaux on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 pm

So a few weekends ago a couple of us went to Charlotte, NC to visit one of our TBS classmates who has pancreatic CA. We had done this last Nov and then brought guns and went shooting. Obviously we decided to do the same again.

Fitz, the guy we were visiting, set up a session at a local private shooting range belonging to a club. He knew the president, so we got to be "special guests". We were treated royally and had a bucket of fun. They had some 5-6 instructors there to "oversee" the shooting, and they brought their guns, which we got to shoot.

So one of the guns I got to shoot was the Sig P320, in both 9mm and .45 ACP. I like that gun - especially in .45. I was flabbergasted on how easy it was to shoot. Indeed, it seemed only a slight bit more recoil than the 9, when there should have been a ton of difference. Indeed, I may just have to get me one of those. I really, really liked it.

You guys should get to shoot one if you can.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Re: Sig 320's

Post by Devereaux on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 pm

As an aside, one of the impressive things about Charlotte was how well we were greeted everywhere we went. We had all got hats made with Vietnam, the medals, the eagle, ball, and anchor on them and we wore them as a group. The result was not only did we get a bunch of "Thank you for your service." but our tab was picked up 4 times in 2 days. Absolutely amazing!
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:44 am

I've always liked Charlotte. I'm not surprised you guys were respected there.

I keep hearing about this Sig 320. And now it will be the official sidearm for U.S. armed forces.

Saw a guy at my range a few weeks ago shooting one. He acted as though he was shooting Jesus' own pistol. He was shooting it very well. Then he tried to help show his wife how shoot her Glock, and the pattern from his shooting the Glock looked more like a shotgun pattern. My impression was, if that Sig can help a guy like that shoot that well, that's something I need to look at more closely.

I am in the process of refurbishing a pretty old Marlin 94, 32-20, manufactured in 1904, that I intend to trade in on something else. I think I will look at this Sig when I do that.

Although, Lipsey's recently added on their website that they are coming out with a birdshead Ruger Single Seven in 327 Fed. Magnum that is also very interesting to me.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Like I said, TJ, the gun is really nice to shoot. Reminds me of the first Glock I shot - a 17 Gen 1. I liked that so much I bought one - only to sell it a dozen or so years later. But I taught a number of people to shoot with that gun.

I think this P320 may well be the next Glock 17. I is, as I noted, really easy to shoot in .45, something not many guns are. Most .45's tend to. make your brains turn to poo and float in your earmuffs. This thing just shot 10's right out of the chute. I think the military will like this a lot.

I heard from the Charlotte guys these were selling at the local Cabellas or equivalent for about $550. Not a bad price for a new gun that shoots well.

I'm still having this itch for a Tavor.
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:46 pm

There's a guy at my range who is crazy about his Tavor. He loved it so much he bought one for his wife. It's kinda fun watching a hubby and wife blasting away with a pair of Tavors.

I am going to check out that 320. I wonder if one could use the full length slide on a compact grip frame? Since chopping down a Glock 19 frame to Glock 26 size, I am totally sold on that concept of short grip for easy concealment, with a longer slide for better sight radius. Of course, that's completely dependent on using an IWB holster.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:37 am

I just think there's something kool about a Tavor. It shoots the 5.56 and uses AR mags so it's easy to feed. Man that thing is SHORT. Yet you get the full barrel length effect. And it's easy to swap barrels, butting a longer one on if you wish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:50 pm