.308 AR

Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

.308 AR

Post by Devereaux on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:52 pm

I have always kind of passed up the idea of a .308 AR. I am not sure just why except that generally they are expensive. Mags are hard to find, the whole rifle is "different", etc. BUT I have to admit that IF you are building your own, it is easier to make an accurate AR than any other rifle. So perhaps an AR in .308 is a reasonable idea.

?Do any of you have one or have experience with one.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Re: .308 AR

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Weeeeeeell... I was able to parlay my Gander employment into a Savage AR-10 MSR Long Range.

At half price.

A couple of weeks ago I finally got it in my grubbies on it; after waiting 8 long, impatient months.

It was worth the wait.

I've barely put iron sights on it, and haven't taken it to the range (yet.) But, I'm damn impressed. The non-reciprocation side charging handle is a godsend with the stiff .308/ 7.62x51 buffer spring. The rifle stock is the new 3rd Gen Magpul PRS stock, which is (dang it!) a significant improvement over the 2nd Gen that I put on another rifle. Best o' all is the trigger; a guestimated 2-3 pounds with almost zero creep. Prolly the best semiauto trigger I've ever felt. The only thing I don't really like about the gun is the finish, which is a little spotty. Then again, it's a battle rifle -- who cares?  

I'll let you know when I get it to the range.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:59 pm