New Upper

Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

New Upper

Post by Devereaux on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:21 am

Palmetto Armory had one of those one day sales that I just couldn't pass up. They sold a complete upper sans BCG and charging handle, with a 20' barrel, in .223 Wylde. PLUS a Vortex 30mm illuminated reticle 1-6x24 scope. PLUS a cantilever scope mount. All for the huge price of $500, including shipping (free). Just couldn't pass it up.

It came today. The box was huge. You would have thought there was a lawn tractor in it. LOTS of padding.

Nice. I like the upper, and I like the scope. And I have a mount to try out. It's by Vortex also.

Now I just have to build the lower.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Re: New Upper

Post by Devereaux on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 am

OH, and there was a sale on Geissele triggers. Got an SSA for $175 - usually $230 or 240.

Now have Geisseles for all my unfinished lowers.
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Out-freaking-standing!

I noticed some of the rock-bottom prices at PSA lately. I'm not really in the market to upgrade an AR or work on a new one, but their prices have me thinking twice about it.

What was it about the 223 Wylde that appealed to you?
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:20 am

It seems to be the long range chamber to shoot either .223 or 5.56. It accommodates either and to me it looked like what the target shooters are using. I plan to put it together as a target rifle. Think I may have to get one of those MagPul adjustable stocks CF mentioned somewhere here.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Today at 12:04 pm

Seems a lot of sales going on. Mayhap the market is oversaturated. I just bought on sale a couple Vltor uppers, just because. As I've mentioned, I have those lowers that I can build on, and nothing to build on them as yet. I did buy that upper, but mayhap I will have to build something else.

Anyway, it seems time to stock up on sales. I got a couple of those Vortex illuminated scopes. Too bad Aimpoint doesn't seem to go on sale.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:43 pm