New AR Build

Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

New AR Build

Post by Devereaux on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:54 pm

Been thinking of building my wife an AR. She comes shoots with me now and then but doesn't like it that much. She has a friend who is more into shooting, so sometimes we go as two couples, then have dinner somewhere.

So I thought it might be kool to build an AR for my wife. Maybe pink would be nice. Trouble is, I don't know where to get the RIGHT furniture. I can certainly build the guts well. Wilson still seems to make the hot stick barrels. ?But can you get the lower in pink, or do you have to use a black one and add front and back in pink.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Re: New AR Build

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Magpul.

https://www.magpul.com/products/moe-carbine-stock-mil-spec

You could also get it dipped in a Muddy Girl pink and purple. However, that would add something like $350 to the build. I'm sure you've seen the pink AR I built for the Princess.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Can't remember it, truth be told. I think Corn built one for his daughter.

Looked at your site. I like the MagPul pink stock. Can't find the rest easily, BUT I found an 80% lower, full upper, BCG, CH, etc for $500. Not sure just what has to be "machined" on the lower. The stock and hand grip, however, were black. Easy to change out but more money. Found a Hogue free float forearm in pink.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:38 pm

It's based on a S&W M&P 15 Sport. All the pink stuff except the magazine is Magpul.  The mag is anodized aluminum from the Age of Nam. Getting the paint to stick to that bugger was the hardest part of the build.  

I think it came out pretty good.  The Princess likes it.

Using Magpul furniture allows it to be reconverted to black fairly quickly.
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Yesterday at 12:39 pm

Pink AR's are great! I just recently bought an AERO M4E1 matched upper/lower/handguard kit that was ceracoated "spent brass" or something like that. Looks pretty cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:12 am