Hallelujah! Tennessee Knife Laws Change

Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Hallelujah! Tennessee Knife Laws Change

Post by Tennessee Jed on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Big news here in the Volunteer State. Our governor just signed a bill which removes the former 4 inch blade length limit for knives carried on the person (so now there's no limit on blade length) and, get this, removes the prohibition on automatic knives. Can I get an amen?

Goes into effect July 1. I am a bit of a Knife Knut, and am very very happy about this. Decided today to celebrate by purchasing my first liberation knife, a big old Cold Steel Voyager with 5 inch blade. Will become my everyday carry knife. Because I can.

And that is just the beginning. Next on the list will be a big nasty looking Italian stiletto switchblade. I want something that makes hippies soil themselves and moms against whatever shriek in horror at the mere sight of it.

Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Re: Hallelujah! Tennessee Knife Laws Change

Post by Devereaux on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Wish other state governments would follow suit. Here in Illinois they are still trying to thwart the CCW any way they can. Sad.

?Got any MicroTech's. They are really kool. I like the kind that come out the top. Pricey though. The Italian switchs are relatively cheap. I've seen a 5-1/2" bladed one with a spear point for $80. One thing about those babies - they make a distinctive thunk when they open. Years ago (in college) I had a nifty one and got "stopped" in the middle of this little park on a foggy night. Two townies, split apart across the path. One asked if I had any money. I said no. The other toad popped this little switchblade of maybe 6" open. First toad asks if I'm sure. I pull this beauty from Italy with chrome, stag handles, 11-1/2" open, out of my peacoak pocket and spring the blade.
    "I'm sure." Man, did they ever take off! Not sure what I would have done if they had wanted to contest the issue since I knew nothing of knife fighting then. But I was ugly enough, the turned up peacoat collar made me look nastier, and that beauty shining in the little light - rather like a diamond. It was worth the experience.
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:51 am

Those MT's are indeed very nice. However, not long ago I had an expensive Benchmade fall out of a pocket even though it was clipped on tightly, and I didn't notice until later, way too late to find the knife. Broke my heart. Losing an MT would send me to therapy.

Love your story. Sort of a back alley version of the Crocodile Dundee "that's not a knife...now THAT'S a knife" event.
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:28 am

Yeah. I'm really sorry that knife got stolen. I had gotten 2 of them in Rome, one with the more traditional black bolsters, and the other with the stag. Blade locked open with that little ring on the end of the backstrap; you had to lift it to close the blade. I have a German one, but the blade is much flatter, drop point. The switch is a flip-like toggle up near the blade end. Very nice, nice craftsmanship, but not like that old job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:50 am