What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Share
    avatar
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1014
    Join date : 2014-04-07
    Location : Utah

    What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Cornmastah on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:01 am

    Which shotguns do you shoot most often? One of my favorite shotguns is my 24" barreled Saiga 12g with a polychoke on the end. I just really enjoy shooting this clunky beast--It is well broken-in and shoots very smoothly. I know how much Dev loves AK's, but this one is just fun.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1253
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Devereaux on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:47 am

    No Saiga's, Corn.

    I once shot my 97 a lot, mostly because I shot SASS a lot. Haven't been to a cowboy match for a while though. Nowadays I mostly shoot trap. I have an old Browning Superposed trap model with 32" barrels that seems to shoot itself. I also shoot a Model 12 in 20 ga for trap. Occasionally I shoot some skeet (badly) with my son. I have another Superposed with 26" barrels that I shoot for that. It was originally an upland bird gun, but I don't shoot (live) birds much anymore - haven't found a place to do that. Sometimes I hunt deer with a Remington 1100 trap model with a Hastings rifled barrel.
    avatar
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

    Posts : 664
    Join date : 2014-03-05

    Re: What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:14 am

    My Chinchester '97 for SASS Cowboy competitions, and my Benelli Super 90 Montefeltro when I'm busting clays (skeets to our addled Canadian brothers.)


    Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2014-02-27
    Location : Music City USA

    Re: What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Tennessee Jed on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:48 am

    Lately, I've been having a lot of fun with a Stoeger Coach Gun. Add some standard 00 Buck, put a target about 10 yards away, and I'm in scattergun heaven. Crude, simple, heavy recoil, I love everything about that shotgun.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1253
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Devereaux on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 pm

    ?Anyone have a 10 ga double to play with. That was the "sherif's shotgun" of the old West. Lots of BG's put down with that puppy.
    avatar
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

    Posts : 664
    Join date : 2014-03-05

    Re: What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Charlie Foxtrot on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 pm

    Devereaux wrote:?Anyone have a 10 ga double to play with. That was the "sherif's shotgun" of the old West. Lots of BG's put down with that puppy.

    Seen one at a Cowboy match, Dev. Fortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to fire it. With full-house, black powder, all brass loads, it was a flame-belching monster. Our resident bad-ass Texan, 6-6 and 280 pounds, touched off one. His comment; "Fuuuuuuu........."
    avatar
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1014
    Join date : 2014-04-07
    Location : Utah

    Re: What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Cornmastah on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:37 pm

    Tennessee Jed wrote:Lately, I've been having a lot of fun with a Stoeger Coach Gun.  Add some standard 00 Buck, put a target about 10 yards away, and I'm in scattergun heaven.  Crude, simple, heavy recoil, I love everything about that shotgun.

    I love coach shotguns with buck or slugs.  I have one of the remington spr double trigger coach gun models that I think they discontinued.  I like to take that one out every once in a while and feel the thunder.  It is fun shooting clays with it also--gotta be quick before it gets out too far. I have sometimes thought about keeping that one by the bed instead of the 870.
    avatar
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

    Posts : 1253
    Join date : 2014-02-28
    Location : Greater Chicago

    Re: What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Devereaux on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm

    Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:?Anyone have a 10 ga double to play with. That was the "sherif's shotgun" of the old West. Lots of BG's put down with that puppy.

    Seen one at a Cowboy match, Dev. Fortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to fire it. With full-house, black powder, all brass loads, it was a flame-belching monster. Our resident bad-ass Texan, 6-6 and 280 pounds, touched off one. His comment; "Fuuuuuuu........."

    Heh, heh! ?Ever seen some of the pictures of BG in the old West killed with one of those. Them's is BIG holes in those boys. And lots of them. That was a great street weapon. And you didn't particularly need any gun-handling skills. The original "point-'n-click".

    Sponsored content

    Re: What shotguns do you guys shoot?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:34 am